Estate liquidation and property dispersal is a major component of a move or following the death of a loved one. Smooth Transitions works with the homeowner, attorney, trust officer or family members to liquidate any remaining articles in the home prior to closing it. We can provide any or all of the following services.
- No-Charge Consultation: We will meet and discuss your expectations as well as perform a brief survey of household contents
- Sort personal and household items and arrange for dispersal, shipping, donation, or disposal
- Locate documents and/or shred paperwork
- Provide photos and inventory contents of the house
- Recommend options for liquidating the estate. Unwanted items can be liquidated through our extensive network of resources including estate auctions, consignment stores, estate sales or online auctions.
Residential Interior and Exterior Clean Out Service
We offer clients a complete clean out service of their former residence. We will arrange for hauling of unwanted items, having the home professionally cleaned and recommend professionals to provide minor repairs and exterior work such as pressure washing and painting in preparation for the sale or rental of the property.
Residential Closing Services
- Arrange for and oversee independent appraisals
- Arrange for articles to be packed and delivered to auction, consignment or buyer
- Provide detailed photos and written inventories prior to dispersal
- Arrange for shipping of designated articles to friends and family members
- Make arrangement for minor repairs, lawn care, home staging or cleaning and hauling services
- Recommend realtors and work with them to get the property on the market
Storage Unit Surrender Services
Many clients have additional storage units which need to be liquidated. We provide customized services to liquidate the contents of the units.
We refer only people we have worked with and who are professionals in their respective fields to handle the specialized elements of the process.