One of the more challenging and rewarding scenarios realtors encounter is the older seller who has been in their home for 30, 40 or even 50 years. When doing a current market assessment of such a residence you may find any of or all of the following:
- A house that is tired and showing signs of deferred maintenance;
- Spaces that are dark with dated furnishings;
- A home that is in need of a good cleaning;
- One too cluttered to even consider showing or listing without significant help;
- The older client is physically frail, confused or alone and may need assistance.
Smooth Transitions can help:
- Overcome obstacles to getting the house ready;
- Help older seller make the choices to start preparing for a move;
- Speed up the decluttering process;
- Move out the dated furnishing and return rooms to their core use;
- Provide the physical assistance needed to navigate the complexities of moving.
We are a move management company that can help the seller address the obstacles of fear of the future and resistance to change. With a move manager as an advocate seniors and their family members have a chance to openly address concerns and learn what level of help is available.
We offer a free, no-obligation consultation to you and to your clients that will help get both the seller and the house ready for the market!