Senior Move Managers represent a knowledgeable, professional resource for discharge planners, case managers and physicians who need help relocating an elderly patient after a hospitalization.
A trip to the hospital can be a life-changing event for a senior who can no longer be cared for in their home and must be relocated.
We can help with this most difficult transition; whether it is a discharge to home, a rehabilitation facility, or a long-term care community.
If the patient can be returned to their home we can provide the following services:
- Remove hazards if the home is considered unsafe because of excess clutter, hazardous conditions or hoarding.
- Working with hoarders can be labor intensive and time critical. We are well equipped to deal with these cases.
- Downsizing and organizing is often needed in order for a person to return to their home. We specialize in late life transitions where downsizing is the norm and have a variety of proven resources for dispersal of unwanted or unneeded items.
If the patient can no longer be cared for in their home we can help make the transition easier:
- If the discharge is to an assisted living facility, a long-term care facility or a memory-care community, we can dramatically improve the outcome of the transition. One way of doing this is to identify a small portion of the home that the person occupied regularly and recreate that area in the new facility. This gives the person a sense of familiarity and comfort.
- We can also place furniture, personal possessions and keepsakes in a manner that looks like home.
- We have relocated more than 300 seniors and their families into independent, assisted living, long-term care and memory-care communities in the Spokane area and in Northern Idaho. We know the communities and how to work with them to make your patient’s relocation as smooth and trouble free as possible.